Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And so it begins...

Welcome, friends.

As Jeff and I get ready to embark on the journey to moving into our beautiful new home, I thought it would be nice to document our progress. Since my love for home decor, antiques, and DIY projects started with reading countless blogs by amazingly talented people, I thought I'd start a blog of my own. I have no idea who will actually read this blog, but hopefully I can inspire someone. :)

The title of the blog is a line from the poem that was read at our wedding, "The Master Speed" by Robert Frost. Here's the poem if you haven't heard it before:

"No speed of wind or water rushing by



But you have speed far greater. You can climb
Back up a stream of radiance to the sky,
And back through history up the stream of time.
And you were given this swiftness, not for haste
Nor chiefly that you may go where you will,
But in the rush of everything to waste,
That you may have the power of standing still-
Off any still or moving thing you say.
Two such as you with such a master speed
Cannot be parted nor be swept away
From one another once you are agreed
That life is only life forevermore
Together wing to wing and oar to oar."

I chose this title because it represents what Jeff and I intend to do in our new home; stand still. We bought this home with the intention to "grow into it" and stay in the Charlottesville, Virginia area for the future. I can't wait to come home and sit in our chairs in the library, or take a glass of wine out on the back patio...and just stand still.


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment