Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lots of catching up.

So it turns out that I'm not so good at keeping up with this blog thing. Since my last post, we've packed, painted, patched walls, painted, unpacked, painted, called Comcast about 10 times, and painted some more.

After we closed and before we moved our big stuff into the house, Jeff took a week off from work and painted several rooms with the help of my mom and brother, who came down to lend a hand. I was still teaching all day so I missed a lot of the day painting, but I did some catching up in the wee hours of the morning!

The packing and moving process wasn't horrible, but I definitely don't want to do it again anytime soon. We moved the fragile stuff ourselves and hired the 2 great furniture movers from our favorite furniture store (The Artful Lodger) to disassemble, move, and reassemble the furniture (this is the 3rd time they have done this for a couple of pieces!), and they also did the heavy lifting...Ahem, Jeff's 27 book boxes. Our big move-in day was May 21st, and we were pretty much unpacked about a week later, mostly because I couldn't handle boxes everywhere and paintings on the floor.

Stay tuned for before and after pictures...after I figure out how to post them the way I want. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment