Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Food

Might as well start the blog up again, huh?


Fall is my absolute favorite season. I love the change of seasons from the scorching hot Virginia summer to the crisp, cool autumn air. I remember the smell of fall from the house where I grew up; it always smelled like leaves. We had so many oak trees in our yard that the grass was almost entirely covered with crunchy brown leaves and acorns from the beginning of fall until winter.
Now, we have a few young trees in our yard now so we have a small taste of the fall leaves without being swallowed up them.


I've been on a kick making fall foods recently. If it's orangey, warm, and pumpkin/squash-ish, I like it. Here are a few of the recipes I've tried...They're all one pot, they taste better the second day, and they're absolutely delicious. (Recipes from smittenkitchen.com-- best food blog ever.)

Winter Squash Soup

Black Bean & Pumpkin Soup
Beef Chili with Sour Cream and Cheddar Biscuits


Enjoy!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment