Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My New Hobby

Last week I found a lovely china cabinet at an antique shop in Richmond via Craigslist.  I had been looking around for a while and I finally found something with character for a fantastic price-- $150!!!  The shop owner was very nice and explained that one of her vendors attempted to paint the china cabinet but didn't really know what she was doing.  The paint was peeling off and it was "distressed" in the most random places.  The piece itself is in great shape, though...Solid wood with nice hardware and lots of vintage details.


I purchased a project!


I read a lot of blogs by people who paint and refinish old furniture, so I decided that I'd give it a shot.  I read several different peoples' techniques and learned as I went.  Fast forward 6 days and I'm almost done!  I've actually enjoyed the process and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on another piece to reinvent.


I'll post pictures and a how-to soon.  The how-to is mostly so I remember how to do it next time. :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment